RPIA is a specialized fixed income manager with deep expertise in corporate bonds and active interest rate management. The firm was founded in 2009 by a highly experienced team who had previously run the global fixed income arm of Canada’s largest bank. Based in Toronto, RPIA now has over 65 employees including investment and risk management professionals with a collective experience set complementary to that of our founders. More than ten years in, we are now managing approximately $6 billion for a broad investor base of institutions and private clients. RPIA remains independent, privately owned by employees who have $150m invested alongside our clients.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role! We would love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
RPIA is committed to creating a diverse and equal opportunity culture and we celebrate our inclusive work environment. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know, we will provide reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, communicate effectively, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. We are looking for someone who can determine and modify their priorities independently while maintaining a focused and calm demeanor. The ideal candidate will be tech savvy and be ready to contribute to the development of automated processes.
- Schedule, organize and coordinate complex video meetings and conference calls for executives and senior members of the management team
- Collaborate with other administrative team members to effectively monitor boardroom calendars and ensure all AV resources are working properly for video recordings and webinars
- Assist executives with basic connectivity issues under the guidance of IT/Solutions techs
- Assist with coordination of onboarding and orientation of new hires and offboarding for terminations
- Arrange travel, seminars, conferences and manage RSVP’s for special events for executives and other members of the senior management team
- Assist with the planning and organizing of special events and initiatives as required
- Handle incoming inquiries related to premises and facilities and respond quickly and appropriately
- Prepare original documents, including letters, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and all other materials as required
- Work individually and in collaboration with a variety of other departments on priority projects
- Process invoices and facilitate payments for other departments as required
- Prepare and submit expense reports and health benefit claims for various senior team members
- Input and maintain data in a variety of software platforms for operational and staff management purposes
- Contribute to the maintenance of office procurement budgets and standards
- Act as back up for reception and other administrative team members as needed
- Continually look for opportunities to develop, automate and digitize processes within the admin function
- Perform all other duties as they arise
- Technical Knowledge – An inquisitive individual who is not intimidated by technology and enjoys being the “go-to person” in the office. Someone who likes to tinker and test out automations and workflows.
- Attention to Detail – Must be focused on accuracy and making sure that instructions are captured and executed with precision and care.
- Communication – Able to communicate complex ideas in a simple, digestible way and produce well written material. An open and professional way of communicating with other team members.
- Persistence & Motivation – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done. Someone who is resourceful and will do the research needed to provide reliable support to executives.
- Teamwork – Ability to motivate team members and encourage a thriving, team-first culture. Someone who understands the meaning of “one team one dream”.
- Integrity and Honesty – Does not cut corners ethically and upholds the values of the firm. Earns trust and maintains confidences, especially when handling sensitive information. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Minimum 4 years administrative experience supporting executive teams
- Administrative experience in Finance or other related industry will be considered a strong asset
- Keen interest in investment management and other related subjects would be preferred
- Expertise in MS Office, especially Outlook, Excel, SharePoint and Teams is required
- Valid driver’s license
What RPIA Can Offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth, development, and continuous learning
- Collaborative teamwork environment
- Position Type: Full Time Permanent
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3
- COVID-19 considerations: Most of our workforce is currently working from home until further notice. Specific mission critical individuals work on site under COVID preventative guidelines. Our offices are equipped with enhanced air filtering systems and undergo regular deep cleanings.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Please let us know if we can provide disability related accommodation to support your participation in our selection process
- Apply directly through: firstname.lastname@example.org