RPIA commenced operations in September 2009 as an independent financial advisory firm committed to providing its clients with best-in-class asset management services. RPIA’s partnership structure and open office environment exposes every employee to all aspects of the firm’s operations and investment decisions.
RPIA’s investment professionals manage more than $5.5 billion across 4 core strategies that focus on producing attractive absolute returns by primarily investing in the fixed income securities of investment grade, high yield, and loans of Canadian, U.S. and global corporations on both an outright and on a long/short relative value basis.
Senior Credit Analyst, Portfolio Management Research
Reporting directly to the Head of Research, the Senior Credit Analyst will work as part of the credit research group, itself a vital part of our investment team. The successful candidate will also work closely with the firm’s Principals and trading teams on a daily basis.
- Conduct market, sector, and company analyses of all sectors and/or companies as determined by the Head of Research, and which may change over time.
- Analyze existing portfolio positions, new issue transactions/primary market offerings or proposals.
- Determine interest in new bond issuance, secondary market trade ideas based on fundamental and/or technical factors across all asset classes of loans as well as debt and equity where relevant.
- Produce both qualitative and quantitative proprietary analysis.
- Host management calls/meetings, attend conferences, speak with sell side analysts and/or sales/traders, rating agency analysts, regulators, sector specialists and consultants where necessary.
- Assign internal ratings, target prices/yields/spreads, analyze and recommend position sizes and catalysts for future investments/divestments as well as analysis of ESG factors within your coverage strata and other developing drivers that may emerge.
- Provide investment ideas in both the cash and derivatives fixed income markets primarily in Canada, the U.S., and Europe.
- Prepare presentations, from time to time, for the investment management group and write research notes on sector or company-specific themes.
- 3 to 7 years of relevant professional experience in the financial industry sector.
- Graduation from a post-secondary institution, ideally with some knowledge of financial statement analysis, macroeconomics and/or geopolitical issues.
- Enrollment in or completion of the CFA program is required.
- Experience in transactional work (Investment banking M&A) or an equity research or credit research background is also essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel skills and financial modeling.
- Knowledge of the global industrials sectors is beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team-oriented, flexible on coverage sectors
What RPIA Can Offer:
- Extensive health and benefits program
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth, development and continuous learning
- Collaborative teamwork environment
- Position Type: Full Time
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
RPIA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. At RPIA, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
We are a growing investment management firm that specializes in publicly traded global corporate bonds. RPIA was founded in 2009 by a group of partners, each with more than 20 years of international and debt market experience. Since then, we have grown to 65+ employees with over $5.5 billion in assets under management for private clients, family offices, foundations, and pensions in Canada.