RPIA is a specialized fixed income manager with deep expertise in corporate bonds and active interest rate management. The firm was founded in 2009 by a highly experienced team who had previously run the global fixed income arm of Canada’s largest bank. Based in Toronto, RPIA now has over 65 employees including investment and risk management professionals with a collective experience set complementary to that of our founders. More than ten years in, we are now managing approximately $6 billion for a broad investor base of institutions and private clients. RPIA remains independent, privately owned by employees who have $150m invested alongside our clients.
The Investment Accounting team is responsible to provide a core function in delivering the fund performance and reports. The team is responsible for our fund’s investment accounting and control processes as well as preparing and reviewing valuation, financial statements, and distributions.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Investment Accounting, the Investment Accountant will be required to have strong knowledge of fixed income securities and experience in preparing NAV and financial statements for both Mutual and Hedge funds. The position also requires an understanding of accounting principles, controls, and reporting standards.
- Perform daily and monthly review of Fund’s valuation and analyze accounting records to assess accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor, research and resolve price and position discrepancies between administrator record, custodian and RPIA’s internal record.
- Perform daily and monthly price and market value check between our administrator and other third-party sources.
- Prepare and review semi-annual and annual financial statements, and quarterly fund distributions.
- Support daily and monthly cash planning for capital activities and fund expense payments and prepare wire transfers.
- Support Monthly metrics reporting and other Ad hoc responsibilities.
- 3-4 years of hedge fund accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Hedge fund and/or derivatives accounting experience required.
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational, analytical skills, and the ability to successfully multi-task and manage shifting priorities are all critical skills.
- Ability to allocate time effectively and manage tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a working knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
What RPIA Can Offer
- Extensive health and benefit program
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth, development, and continuous learning
- Collaborative teamwork environment
- Position Type: Full Time
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3 although individual may need to WFH given rules around COVID-19 and social distancing
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Please let us know if we can provide disability related accommodation to support your participation in our selection process
- Apply directly through email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2517788048/
RPIA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. At RPIA, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.