RPIA is a specialized fixed income manager with deep expertise in corporate bonds and active interest rate management. The firm was founded in 2009 by a highly experienced team who had previously run the global fixed income arm of Canada’s largest bank. Based in Toronto, RPIA now has over 65 employees including investment and risk management professionals with a collective experience set complementary to that of our founders. More than ten years in, we are now managing approximately $6 billion for a broad investor base of institutions and private clients. RPIA remains independent, privately owned by employees who have $150m invested alongside our clients.
Senior Developer, Solutions
Reporting to Director of Solutions, the successful candidate will ideally bring expertise in software development/technology and reporting principles with a strong interest in finance, be professional in demeanor and comfortable working in a fast-paced capital markets environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the portfolio management, client portfolio management, compliance, and operations teams to develop and implement investment performance, risk analytics and reporting solutions; translate user requirements into reports and solutions.
Lead the development team in the following activities:
- Infrastructure build-out to support RPIA’s risk management platform, working with the Risk Management team.
- Development for our fixed income analytical framework – including but not limited to multiple currency support, custom swap/basis curves, rich/cheap analysis, etc., using FINCAD.
- Develop risk management tools and models – such stress testing, jump-to-default, etc.
- Build, implement, and test security pricing and curve fitting models.
- Technical Knowledge – an efficient and clean coder with experience in designing and maintaining large databases and corresponding data loaders.
- Attention to Detail – it is essential that the individual is focused on accuracy and making sure that information is captured and represented accurately.
- Communication – Able to communicate complex ideas in a simple, digestible way. An open, professional way of communicating with other team members.
- Persistence & Motivation – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve the expected results.
- Teamwork – Ability to work closely with other areas of the firm while successfully prioritizing conflicting requests and ongoing projects.
- Integrity and Honesty – Does not cut corners ethically and upholds the values of the firm.
- Operational excellence - Knowledge of ethical standards and control principles with the confidence to uphold RPIA's control and service standards.
- Must have a Windows PC or Laptop and adequate Work-From-Home setup (internet connection, home Wi-Fi, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience using ASP.NET and C# to build REST APIs.
- Relevant University or College Degree – one that combines Computer Science and Finance (e.g., a BSc in Financial Mathematics) would be an asset.
- Completion or working towards a professional financial designation (CFA, CAIA, FRM, etc.) would be an asset.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, financial mathematics—particularly fixed income, and derivative mathematics
- Relational database experience—MySQL Stored Procedures, Views and Functions
- Strong Object-Oriented development skills
- Experience with version control (Git or equivalent)
- Thorough understanding of the .NET
- Proven ability to write well-designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, and extremely well organized
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, while maintaining high quality of work
- Experience developing with FINCAD is a plus.
- Experience with Entity Framework is a plus.
- Working toward a professional financial designation (CFA, CAIA, FRM, etc.) is a plus.
What RPIA Can Offer
- Extensive health and benefit program
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth, development, and continuous learning
- Collaborative teamwork environment
- Position Type: Full Time
- Work Location: 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E3 although individual may need to WFH given rules around COVID-19 and social distancing
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Please let us know if we can provide disability related accommodation to support your participation in our selection process
- Apply directly through firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2482860628/
RPIA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. At RPIA, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.